Last updated on 1 Jul 2018
If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of this Site or any products and services offered on it.
- Type of personal information collected
The information that we collect may include:
- dates of birth;
- job titles;
- contact information, including your physical address, email address and telephone number(s);
- your ABN
- your bank account and/or credit/debit card details
- demographic information such as postcodes;
- information about IT infrastructure in use i.e. make, type, year of purchase, serial nos, IP addresses
- your employment related information if you apply for a job with us
- other information relevant to client surveys and/or promotions; and
- any other information requested on this Site or otherwise required by us or provided by you.
As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
We may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
- Collection and use of personal information
We collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide information, products, and services to you;
- to create login ID and passwords required to register as member on our website and for use of our support applications
- to deploy necessary IT tools on your devices for the purposes of IT support services
- to get customer feedback, enabling us to improve our products and services;
- for our internal record keeping, maintaining customer database
- to send marketing and promotional emails about our new products and services, that we feel might of some interest to you
- to contact you for market research purposes;
- to customise the Site per your interests; and
We may use one or more of the following direct or indirect methods to collect your personal information
There are quite a few ways we may seek information from you directly. We might collect your information when you fill out an electronic form on our website, sign up to our newsletter, enter one of our competitions, apply for a job with us, telephone us, send us an email or complete a customer survey.
Some customers like to engage with us through social media channels. We may collect information about you when you interact with us through these channels.
We collect your email address and, if you provide it, other contact details when you subscribe to our email lists. We only use this information to send you our newsletter, regular updates on OZ Computer Geeks and our services, and to administer the lists.
We use e-forms to enable you to lodge a complaint, application or enquiry online via our website.
Where our website allows you to make comments, give feedback or communicate with us, we sometimes collect your email address and sometimes some other contact details. We may use your email address to respond to your comments, feedback or communication.
We may use a persistent cookie (a cookie that stays linked to your browser) to record your visits so we can recognise you if you visit our website again. It also lets us keep track of products or services you view so that, with your consent, we can send you news about them.
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track user movements, and gather broad demographic information.
In order for us to provide our services, we may collect personal information about you indirectly from third parties such as:
- publicly available sources; or
- your representative, such as an assistant or colleague, an adult relative, a caregiver, who contacts us on your behalf.
- Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information:
- to provide information, products, and services to clients;
- to law enforcement agencies where clients fail to pay for goods or services provided by us to them;
- where there is a requirement by law to disclose such information in connection with any legal proceedings
- to one or more Customer Services Agent or Technicians of OZ Computer Geeks, for providing information and services to you;
- to third parties, with our client’s consent, and
- to third parties, including agents, referral partners, contractors and sub-contractors for the purposes of providing information, products and services to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to this disclosure. Where we disclose your personal information to third parties, we will request or otherwise seek to get comfortable that the third party follows the Australian Privacy Principles regarding handling your personal information.
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where we have sought to maintain confidentiality.
- Access to and correction of personal information
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavor to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
- Complaints about breach
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact our legal department on the email address given below.
We are committed to resolving your complaint and doing the right thing by our customers. Most complaints are resolved quickly, and you should hear from us within five business days.
If you still feel your issue hasn’t been resolved to your satisfaction, then you can raise your concern with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
- online at: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy
- by phone on: 1300 363 992
- via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- in writing to: GPO Box 2999, Canberra, ACT 2601
- fax on: +61 2 9284 9666.
To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, or opt out of communications, please contact us at the details below.
- Links to other websites
- Storage and Security
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure that information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
For any questions or notice, please contact us at:
OZ Computer Geeks Pty Ltd ABN: 43613599787
Kuraby, QLD 4112
Let’s Work Together
If you need a service provider who picks-up your call or who is there when you need him, engage OZ Computer Geeks! Just fill out your requirements in brief, and we will contact you shortly.
IT for Office
IT for Point of Sale
IT for Profession
IT for Home
IT for Gaming Digital Marketing
Servers, Personal Computers
Desktops, Laptops, Tablets
Office 365, G Suite
Azure, Windows Server
Adobe Creative Cloud
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Dell EMC, HP Enterprise